Agenda for Owner’s Standing Committee
Special General Meeting of Unity International,
Lurline Dantzler-Higgett’s Home
Date of Special Meeting
pursuant to 33-7-102(a)-(d): 11/21/2015
Members Present: Dorothy Harley-Sistrunk, Cynthia T. Davis, Dorothy Carter, Lillie Brown,
James Brown, Mary E. Dwight, Roberta D. Jackson, Edward C. Graham, Diane Wesley-Williams, Ruth Bowman, Lurline Dantzler-Higgitt,
George M. Sistrunk, Ashlyn Jones, Rev. Joyce Colter, and Marion Thomas, Jr.
Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 3:45 pm.
Dorothy Carter, Co-Chair gave the invocation.
Greetings from the Chair and/or Co-chair of the
Dorothy Carter, Co-Chair, did greetings.
Introduction of Guest (If present)
New Board member: Ms. Roberta D. Jackson from Cope,
SC. Has been a pastor for two and one-half years.
General Outline of Reports to the Owner’s
Committee/Chair and/or Co-Chair
1. Report from the Chief Executive Officer(CEO)
2. Report from the President
a. Diane W. Williams now works for legal aide and wants to be a blessing to this
3. Report from the Vice President/Registered Agent
a. Edward Graham looked at some additional property on Hwy 601.
b. He also sent off the forms for the taxes.
4. Report from the Corporate Secretary (Minutes of meetings)
5. Report from the Members of the Board
6. Report from the Adviser(s) to the Board (If Any)
7. Report from the Accommodating/Compliance Directors
a. All grievances need to be brought to Mr. George Sistrunk or Mr. Edward Graham
for resolution ASAP.
b. Transitional documents must be included in the minutes as encrypted files. Only the secretary, chair, and co-chair will be able to access files.
8. Report from the Chair or Co-Chair of Acquisition Committee
a. All acquisitions was a part of the Acquisitions Committee. Only four (4) of the thirty-two (32) acquisitions are owned by Unity.
b. Types of Acquisitions: Phase I – immediate benefits: eating places, gas
stations, etc. & Phase II – abandon properties.
9. Report from the National Sales Director/Vice President of Sales & Marketing
10. Report from the Webmaster
a. The web site: http://www.independentmarketinggroup.ws.uii is up to date as of November 17, 2015.
11. Report from the Bylaws Subcommittee
12. Report on update of Copyright
a. Mrs. Wolf was not present.
13. Any other report that’s not on the Agenda
Old Business (If Any)
1. Status of the office, equipment, supplies, utilities, & furnishings
2. Update about publishing Mr. Sistrunk book
a. Projected sales is 500,000 copies @ $24.95 per copy. Unity will get 20% of that amount off the top.
Business (If Any)
1. New website for Owners, Board members and Standing Committee
a. Shareholders/Owners need to go to the web site and study the information. See web site address above.
2. Place for next Special General Meeting
a. It was moved and seconded that the General meeting of the Standing Committee
be changed to the first Saturday @ 2:00 pm of the month from the first Monday of the month. Motion passed.
Adjournment – Chair or Co-chair officially
ends the Special General Meeting
Meeting adjourned at 5:50 pm.
· Next meeting @ Lurline Dantzler-Higgett’s home, December 5, 2015 @ 2:00